Monday 20 October 2008

Doom and gloom and Bloody awful weather

Well, the eggs have not hatched although Lily and Huffy are still taking turns at sitting on them. I will give it till the end of the week and then remove the eggs before they rot. On a sadder note, it looks like Hindoo may also have gone the way of Bully, the hawk has been in the area for the past few days and now Hindoo is not around. Perhaps she has just gone away and got a bit disorientated in the very high winds and squally showers we are having but I think not. I suppose it was always a risk getting white doves while living in the countryside as we do. So no baby doos and no Hindoo.

The hens are coming along great though which is good news. Only got four of the eight laying regularly but pretty soon will be getting enough eggs to start selling, I am never going to make a profit but it is nice to get a few quid to go towards the feed.

If anyone wants to get me a really useful Christmas present I will be accepting 'Doo Vouchers' very gratefully, they are Blue/Purple in colour and are worth about £20! I will wait until the spring and after I persuade Herb to either build me a mini loft in a shed or a Fort Knox Mark 2 to home them in I will restock my flock.

I have actually started my Christmas shopping, trouble is the last time I did it so early I had either eaten, worn or played with all the presents and had to repeat the whole thing over at great cost!

2 comments:

blogmaster said...

Hi JIll, have you thought of just having a cat/dog and be done with it? My nerves cannot take much more stress. Glad to hear that unlike me, you didn't drink all your intended xmas pressies and had to replace them as well. Good luck with your ever deminishing flock.
Mary xx

Jillus said...

I imagine if I got a dog then Fife would be invaded by the Black Panther of Bodmin/Moonzie and it would be eaten within weeks. No, I am going to persevere and am going to replenish the flocklet in the spring.