Sunday 11 January 2009

The Dove from Above gets grounded


I went out to feed the doves yesterday and this little girl dove , Holly, was on the ground and looked to have been there all night. She was unable to flutter up to the cote and looked miserable. I brought her in to the High Doopendancy Unit ( Paulas cat basket) and have given her fresh water with honey and cider vinegar, extra minerals, grit and feed, warmth and light and a good dose of bicarb too. The bicarb was on the advice of my friendly doo man, Harry. In case she has canker, the other treatment is to give her Flagyl tablets but as I don't have access to them cannot do that.This morning she is perky enough and eating, drinking and pooing well but I will keep her indoors for the next 24 hours anyway while we see how she fares. It may have been that she was tired after trying to fly in the very high winds we have been having and was simply unable to get to the perch. Harry says it sounds like she is 'going light'. As yet I am unsure as to what that actually means but apparently I am doing all that I should be.

Lets hope she is soon dooing what doos do best, I will keep the blog updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wooooop woooop